DuPont™ Flashing Tape helps protect the heads and jambs of rectangular doors and windows from air and water intrusion.
Wind-driven rain and outdoor air can find their way into walls around windows and doors. By helping to seal the building envelope, self-adhered DuPont™ Flashing Tape can help reduce the risk of water damage, increase building comfort, and improve energy efficiency.
How it Works
DuPont™ Flashing Tape is made from polypropylene film with a butyl rubber adhesive backing. In installed system water intrusion testing with no exterior cladding, it performed to ASTM E-331 standards, and shows no leakage at 300 Pa, even after thermal aging to 120o F.
It is engineered to withstand the rigors of the job site, including UV exposure, for up to 120 days. In addition to bulk water holdout, DuPont™ Flashing Tape helps control air leakage, where windows and doors interface with sheathing or the weather barrier. As part of a complete building envelope system, this can help keep heated and cooled air in, and exterior air out, more effectively, for improved comfort and energy efficiency.
DuPont™ Flashing Tape was developed,based on years of DuPont building science expertise in protecting the building envelope, that has been rigorously tested in both the lab and the field, and is:
- Compatible with all DuPont™ Tyvek® air and water barriers and other building envelope products.
- Qualified according to the AAMA 711-13 Voluntary Specification for Self Adhering Flashing Used for Installation of Exterior Wall Fenestration Products.
Support Throughout The Building Process
In addition to its superior performance, DuPont™ Flashing Tape is backed by the quality, integrity and resources of DuPont, as part of a building envelope system, including:
- The DuPont Certified Installer Program, offering training and certification for installation contractors.
- 10-year limited warranty from DuPont.
- Support from the DuPont™ Tyvek® Specialist Network. From the latest updates on building codes to on-site consulting and training, a local DuPont™ Tyvek® Specialist can help make sure the job gets done right.